LEED Services: Sustainable Design Consulting
U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC®) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Green Building Rating System™ is a third-party certification program and a nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings.
Burnham’s LEED Accredited Professionals offer specialized knowledge, guidance and support to address your sustainability needs and inquiries. Our LEED AP’s and architects help you to implement the most practical and innovative sustainable building strategies to meet industry demands.
Our Sustainable Design Consulting includes the following services:
LEED Project Management
Whether your project is a small interior office build out or a large commercial complex our LEED AP’s can guide your LEED project through the design and construction phases to achieve your desired level of certification.
- Overseeing the LEED submission and certification from beginning through the end of construction.
- Review of schematic drawings and documents to determine the feasibility and cost implications of each credit that will be attempted.
- Oversee, manage, and prepare the collection, organization, documentation, and submission of the templates and supporting documents to the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) for each prerequisite and credit being pursued.
- Review and comment on the selected materials and specifications as they relate to LEED certification.
- Research Credit Interpretation Rulings (CIR’s) and assist in filing for Credit Interpreation Requests and Appeals.
- Identify possible Innovation in Design credits and incentives for LEED certification.
LEED Project Management for Contractors
Are you bidding on a project that is attempting LEED certification? Do you have the necessary staff and experience to complete all the requirements that are the general contractor’s responsibility? Burnham provides LEED construction management services to help the general contractor streamline the LEED certification process while keeping it cost effective.
We assist the general contractor in successfully implementing the LEED requirements and manage their role in the online submittal process by acting as the liaison between the construction team and the owner’s team. From tracking the amount of diverted waste and developing Indoor Air Quality Management Plans to calculating the percentage of regional materials used; our LEED AP’s will work with the construction team to achieve the highest possible level of LEED certification for each project.
- Review of all construction submittal prerequisites and credits being attempted and identify team roles and responsibilities associated with them.
- Collect, assemble and coordinate documentation for construction submittals.
- Create drawings and prepare calculations for prerequisites and/or credits that require these.