On Wednesday October 20, 2010, Christopher Chwedyk and Leah Riley presented their BOMA Brown Bag Seminar: “Top 10 Code Issues Overlooked When Leasing a Tenant Space.” The seminar reviewed a list of important codes to be aware of when preparing a lease, including:
- Occupancy classifications and how they impact tenant exiting
- Required fire ratings and separations
- Accessibility, including the new ADA “Safe Harbor” allowances
- Project eligibility for the Self-Certification Process
- Ramifications of using Out-of-State Architects
Download a copy of their presentation to explore the issues that can arise when leasing a tenant space and learn how to handle them.
Top 10 Code Issues Overlooked When Leasing a Tenant Space